Start walking today
Heart Foundation Walking Groups are free and easy, and offer you the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships within your local community.
There's a reason why walking is one of the most popular forms of activity in Australia.
Joining Heart Foundation Walking will help you to have a healthier body, relieve stress, and can help build great friendships.
Did you know walking for an average of 30 minutes or more a day can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke by 35% percent and Type 2 diabetes by 40%? And it’s not just your heart and muscles that benefit from walking. Regular physical activity can also help to -
- reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke
- manage weight, blood pressure and blood cholesterol
- prevent and control diabetes
- reduce your risk of developing some cancers
- maintain your bone density, reducing your risk of osteoporosis and fractures
- improve balance and coordination, reducing your risk of falls and other injuries, and
- Improve our daily mood which can lead to better mental health.