If you’d like to start your own walking group, we’re here to help you.
Walk Organisers volunteer to organise and lead walking groups and are the lifeblood of our program.
You’ll plan your group’s walking routes and meeting place, the time and day of your walks, and will welcome new members to your group.
As a Walk Organiser, we’ll provide you with training and access to your online profile where you can manage your group. You’ll get a thank you gift for signing up, ongoing communications from us and invites to events and workshops.
Become a Volunteer Walk Organiser and lead a Heart Foundation Walking group in your community.
Our volunteer Walk Organisers are the reason Heart Foundation Walking has helped so many Australians stay active and take better care of their heart health – they are the glue that holds our walking groups together.
A Walk Organiser:
- Attends walks and welcomes new walkers (if you make your group public on our website, new walkers will be able to join)
- Promotes your walks (you will receive posters, flyers and other support)
- Keeps your walking group and contact details up-to-date (so we can let new walkers know how to find out about your group)
- Submits monthly attendance records so we can reward your walkers
- Keeps us up-to-date with stories and photos of your walking group in action!
We’ll help you to:
- Access your online profile and manage your walking group online
- Be rewarded: all our Walk Organisers receive a free Heart Foundation shirt and name tag – it’s our way of saying thanks! Regular newsletters are also sent to all participants
- Reward your group: you and your group will be able to join the Walker Recognition Scheme which includes certificates, merchandise and a monthly prize draw for every active walker
- Promote your group: you will receive posters and flyers in your welcome pack as well as access to more than twenty electronic templates that you can use to advertise your group in your area
- Learn more about walking: with free Annual Workshops and regular newsletters. Our kit also helps you decide where and when your group will walk
- Insurance Cover: all registered Walk Organisers are covered by the Heart Foundation’s Policy for volunteer Walk Organisers which includes insurance cover.
Help us help Australians take positive steps to reduce stress, have a healthier body, build stronger relationships, and most of all, be happy.
Tell your family and friends
Give to our program by telling your friends and family about Heart Foundation Walking. We need your support to get Australia walking.
Join our Facebook group so you can share our information and posts with friends.
Partner with us
Heart Foundation Walking partners with organisations across Australia to help implement the program at a local level.
We support councils, GPs, hospitals, chemists, aged care facilities, cafes and more to start and support walking groups.
As a Host Organisation, you’ll receive training, tools to promote walking and access to your online profile with information on your walking groups and their activity.
Provide your local community with the chance to be more physically active.