Our free regular newsletter includes an update of the program, information about being active and keeping your heart healthy, recipes and news from our groups all around Australia. Read the latest Heart Foundation Walking news!
We love to hear from our Heart Foundation Walking community. Sharing your stories is a fantastic way to celebrate your achievements and inspire others. To be included in the newsletter and other Heart Foundation Walking publications and media, we have provided some contributor guidelines to support you.
Please don’t feel disheartened if your contributions or photos are not included in our newsletter. We have limited space so can’t always publish everything we receive. However, your work will not be in vain. Rest assured we will use them. Your contributions may be featured in other Heart Foundation Walking communications such as: on the Heart Foundation Walking website, in our social media posts, when we give presentations and even in other Heart Foundation publications.
State and Territory Snapshots
We'd love to feature your group in our snapshot. To make sure we can consider your submission, please follow the guidelines below.
- Provide an introduction to your group (25 words maximum)
- Highlight a state or territory walking group, individual, workplace or Host Organisation
- Highlight a State or Territory walking initiative, event, achievement etc
- Include a high-resolution photo (Jpeg format only please)
Sharing your stories is a great way to inspire others. To be considered for a feature article in the newsletter, please follow the guidelines below.
- Ensure your article has a maximum word count of 250 words
- Consider the theme of the newsletter edition you'd like your article to feature in (see below for upcoming newsletter themes)
- Please ensure any facts and statistics are all current
- If you would like help with your article, please provide a rough draft with the basic content/message you would like communicated. Contact us.
Photos / Logos
To ensure we present your photos well, please follow the guidelines below.
- Must be high-resolution jpeg files of at least 300dpi at 120mmx120mm or larger, with a maximum file size of 5MB
- Logos need to be approved by the relevant organisation / owner prior to use in the Heart Foundation Walking newsletter. Please indicate that you have obtained approval.
To submit your article, follow the simple steps below.
- Email your story as a Word attachment to email@example.com
- Include photos and logos as high resolution jpeg files (include any permission you have to use logos)
- Include your full name and contact details (preferably a telephone number so we can contact you if needed)
By submitting your material, you agree that we may publish, reproduce, modify and edit your material for the purpose of publication (in hard copy, on our website or in any other medium).