Start your own group
What do you need to start a group?
A love of walking!
One or more group members
A Local Coordinator*
Our volunteer Walk Organisers are the reason Heart Foundation Walking has helped so many Australians stay active and take better care of their heart health – they are the glue that holds our walking groups together.
A Walk Organiser:
- Attends walks and welcomes new walkers (if you make your group public on our website, new walkers will be able to join)
- Promotes your walks (you will receive posters, flyers and other support)
- Keeps your walking group and contact details up-to-date (so we can let new walkers know how to find out about your group)
- Submits monthly attendance records so we can reward your walkers
- Keeps us up-to-date with stories and photos of your walking group in action!
We’ll help you to:
- Access your online profile and manage your walking group online
- Training: training is all online and a certificate of completion is provided at the end
- Be rewarded: all our Walk Organisers receive a free Heart Foundation shirt, drink bottle and name tag – it’s our way of saying thanks! Regular newsletters are also sent to all participants
- Reward your group: you and your group will be able to join the Walker Recognition Scheme which includes certificates, merchandise and a monthly prize draw for every active walker
- Promote your group: you will receive posters and flyers in your welcome pack as well as access to more than twenty electronic templates that you can use to advertise your group in your area
- Learn more about walking: with free Annual Workshops and regular newsletters. Our kit also helps you decide where and when your group will walk
- Insurance Cover: all registered Walk Organisers are covered by the Heart Foundation’s Policy for volunteer Walk Organisers which includes insurance cover.
Help us help Australians take positive steps to reduce stress, have a healthier body, build stronger relationships, and most of all, be happy.