The National Heart Foundation of Australia and parkrun Australia have partnered to launch an exciting new spin on the Park Walks program and aim to get more Heart Foundation Walking participants enjoying their local parks. parkrun Australia organise free, weekly, 5km timed walks and runs around the country in pleasant parkland settings and other open spaces. They are volunteer led, open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in.
The new program model will link in with existing parkrun events across the country to give Heart Foundation Walking participants the opportunity to walk beyond their usual community walks, making active living even more pleasurable. Heart Foundation Walking members will continue to receive the same exciting benefits of the program and all parkrun walks will count towards their Walker Recognition Scheme.
To attend a parkrun event near you, please follow the simple instructions below:
1. Go to https://www.parkrun.com.au/register/form/
2. From the ‘Running Club’ dropdown menu select ‘Heart Foundation Walking’
3. Fill in your personal details as requested
4. Print out your barcode. If you do not bring your barcode, your attendance will not be recorded and will not count towards the Walker Recognition Scheme.
5. Attend any of the 130+ parkrun events in Australia. Find an event in your area by visiting: https://www.parkrun.com.au/events/. Events takes place every Saturday morning. In general, events in Australia start at these times:
- 7am – Queensland
- 8am – New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, ACT
- 9am – Tasmania
If you have any questions please contact the Heart Foundation Walking team at email@example.com. We hope you enjoy the additional opportunities to get active in your local natural outdoor settings; combining the health benefits of walking with contact with nature!