Heart Foundation Walking – Local Coordinator Terms and Conditions
1. I warrant that I have read, considered, reviewed and understood this document, the Local Coordinator Implementation Guide and the Local Coordinator Registration Form prior to submitting my application to participate in HFW as a Local Coordinator.
2. I agree that any dispute arising under or in relation to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the laws and courts of the State of Victoria.
3. I warrant that I am over 18 and of full capacity or, if I am applying on behalf of a person under 18 and/or not of full capacity, that I am a personal legally entitled to sign on behalf of that person (for example, parent,
guardian, person having suitable power of attorney). If I am signing on behalf of somebody else, I agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of that person.
4. In conducting or participating in HFW activities, I must comply with any instructions in the Local Coordinator Implementation Guide and any directions relating to HFW activities received from any one or more of a Heart Foundation representative or a Host Organisation representative.
5. I will not conduct, organise, undertake or otherwise be involved in any activity that purports to be approved by or associated with HFW unless I have the Heart Foundation’s prior written approval to do so.
6. I warrant that for so long as I am a Local Coordinator, I will keep aware of and understand the Walker Terms and Conditions, the Walker Handbook, the Walk Organiser Terms and Conditions and the Walk Organiser Handbook.
7. I will comply with all Heart Foundation training requirements including the Local Coordinator training session and all further training or education as required by the Heart Foundation.
8. I will acknowledge the Heart Foundation and specified HFW funding partners when promoting HFW in accordance with the Heart Foundation Walking Brand Guidelines.
9. I agree to use the following statement to describe HFW when promoting the program: Heart Foundation Walking is Australia’s largest community based walking network coordinated locally by (insert Host Organisation).
10. I accept in my sole responsibility all risks and liabilities that may arise from my participation in HFW, including the risk of injury or loss or life, and I release the Heart Foundation and all persons or corporations associated or affiliated directly or indirectly with HFW (HFW Associates) from claims, liability, demands and proceedings arising from or in relation to any loss, damage, expense or personal injury which may be sustained by me as a result of or in connection with:
a. any neglect, act, omission or failure on the part of the Heart Foundation (including its servants, agents, volunteers or employees) or HFW Associates; or
b. my participation in HFW.
11. I indemnify the Heart Foundation and HFW Associates (collectively, those indemnified) against:
a. all losses incurred by those indemnified;
b. all liabilities incurred by those indemnified; and
c. all costs actually payable by those indemnified to their legal representatives (whether or not under a costs agreement) and other expenses incurred by those indemnified in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal), arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the HFW activities.
12. I must provide true and correct information to the Heart Foundation and promptly notify the Heart Foundation
of any changes.
13. I consent to the publication in any form of media of my name and details of my participation in HFW. I understand that my contact information will be made publically available so that persons interested or involved
in HFW can get in contact with me. I will promptly advise the Heart Foundation of any change to my contact details. I will immediately advise the Heart Foundation in writing if I am no longer employed by my Host
14. I acknowledge that the Heart Foundation will post the current version of this document for my consultation at www.heartfoundation.org.au/walking and that I will be notified of forthcoming changes by notice posted to the website.